Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Boulevard of unfulfilled dreams

Our eyes met, but only for a brief moment.
Glances exchanged past the bars of captivity,
Did she notice me? Did she even notice that I was around?

Days of daydreaming preceeded nights of terror.
Not the kind of nightmares that involved witches and ghosts,
Dreams in which the tormentor is your object of desire.
Sweet dreams of oneness, but broken realities

My silence, my weakness,
I couldn't muster up the courage to talk,
Nothing beyond hello.
My silence my strength,
To be able to hold all the raging emotions in,
To resist the urge to reveal my heart.

That was then. Ten years ago.
All was forgotten, but not all was lost.
Till the day our eyes met again.
And the key to the cell was turned,
Locking myself inside once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment