Thursday, October 8, 2015

Music for the deaf

Could she twirl?
Turn in beautiful melodic motion,
Interpret the music with her movement,
Sing the song with all but her voice?

I had heard about it but never knew what music was,
What melodies sound like,
The richness of a beautiful tune,
The melancholy of the minor chord.

Till she shewed me what music is,
With her movement, her body, her soul;
How the world listens with its ears...
No, how the world should listen to music.

Giving insight to a deaf man on the virtues of music,
The beauty of melodies,
In a way men with ears haven't heard before.

Dance for me forever,
And don't heal my deafness,
For to hear as men do would be to deny me the beauty of her grace,
It would be to blind me to the only silent expression of music I know.

Forever dance for me,
Dance for me forever.

1 comment: