Thursday, January 15, 2015

Aberrant

There are nights,
Some shorter, some longer.
And this one, longer than I would like to remember,
For it is punitive for a man to experience an obsession once,
And forever dream of it,
But live in trepidation.

Embers of what once was,
A fire upon which melodies were refined,
And golden words came alive.
Where the cold was just but a rumour,
And the worries of the night far flung into Sheol.

That was when I met Her,
Hidden deep beneath the covers of lucidity.
She never showed her appearance in the day,
But in rare moments of darkness; on days like these, she came forth.
Draped only in splendour,
Dressed in odourful charm,
Footsteps so calm.
A gracefulness the beauty of the night could not match.

I couldn't hear her come,
Yet I knew she already was.
I couldn't see her, but I knew there in that moment;
There was none more beautiful.
A silent assault played on a minor key.
And yet, no refined orchestra could play a tune better.

"Come
Come with me."

*silence*
*tension*

She placed her chin on my neck,
And gently worked her hands on my tense muscles.
Working from the shoulder to the torso, lower back and slowly up again.
Till my mantle dropped, plumage and vainglory;
And all bulwarks undone.

"Come,
Come now, let us go...."

Disenthralled
Ecstasy
Rhapsody
Amorphous.

I could go on but I will not.
It would be wrong for a man to describe such delectations in one stroke.
Pleasures under the moonlight deserve no less than the finest in language.
So unfortunate that the Queen's language isn't enough.
To understate such feminine panache, I will not.
But I will give you her name




Delirious

No comments:

Post a Comment