Monday, January 5, 2015

Courtship

A heartbeat so loud I cannot hear my thoughts.
Hot blood gushing through my veins driven by the incredible pace my heart is working at.
I am tense.

When she opens the door,
What will it be this time?
Lazy eyes, excitement, fatigue or energy that will open the door?
Calmness or secrecy, secrets the heart cannot tell.
Either way, my heart cannot settle.

Will it be a hug? A long one, a short one. A tight one, or a tight one.
Will it be a kiss, a peck? A short one or a long one.
Either way, I want to see her.

We had an argument two hours before.
We laughed two hours before.
We were excited two hours before.
We were mad at each other two hours before.

But that doesn't matter now. Of course it still may, but it doesn't.
For when our eyes meet, when I behold her beautiful face,
In that moment of madness and admiration, all else is forgotten.
Eternity stands still in that moment.
All emotions cease.

And nothing but love and worship for her majesty fill the moment.

And so, I knock the door

No comments:

Post a Comment