Monday, March 16, 2015

Let me be buried

All I ever wanted to do is dip my foot into the shallow waters,
Test its temperature and play on the banks of the river.
Keep it safe, for I knew not how long I could swim in deep waters.
Probably coz I never tried.

That was then and now I knew not whether I regretted that choice.
Now I was being driven downstream,
Currents too strong to resist,
Water too deep to walk on.

I no longer had control.
I was drowning but,
But I liked it.
I wasn't interested in help neither in surviving.
I was being choked, losing air fast.
I didn't care.

I had always wondered what being engulfed felt like,
What not worrying felt like,
Not caring,
Letting go,
Death.

And now that it is all here,
I am at peace.
Do not look for my body,
Let me be buried in the currents,
For I finally found my rest.
My grave of freedom and fearlessness!

No comments:

Post a Comment